From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Lyon
Sent: 29 September 2008 14:51
To: Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: Windows and Multiple CPUS?

You need Xen 3.3, examples are shown in /etc/xen/ xmexample.hvm-stubdom:

#   Expose to the guest multi-core cpu instead of multiple processors
# Example for intel, expose a 8-core processor :
#cpuid=['1:edx=xxx1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
#          ebx=xxxxxxxx00010000xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
#     '4,0:eax=001111xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx']
#  - CPUID.1[EDX][HT] : Enable HT
#  - CPUID.1[EBX] : Number of vcpus * 2
#  - CPUID.4,0[EAX] : Number of vcpus * 2 - 1
#vcpus=8

I used a single line to set the cpuid:

cpuid=['1:edx=xxx1xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,ebx=xxxxxxxx00010000xxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx','4,0:eax=001111xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx']
vcpus=8

Andy

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:49 PM, Dustin Henning
<Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>        Awesome, mind telling us how you figured this out?  Is it
documented
> somewhere?  I have seen several people want to do this, and someone
always
> tells them it is not possible.
>        Dustin

The SAQ Group
Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire. GU32 3DZ
SEMTEC Limited trading as SAQ is Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219
SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T.
services to UK Business.
DSL : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit : Backups :
Managed Networks : Remote Support.

Find us in http://www.thebestof.co.uk/petersfield