Re: RES: [Xen-users] LVM related bug in the GPL PV drivers for Windows?

2008. 09. 30, kedd keltezÃssel 12.33-kor Bruno Bertechini ezt Ãrta:
> Hey there,
>
> Quick question regarding your setup. When you say :
>
> "...I can even swith between the
> paravirtualized and fully virtualized mode of windows,..."
>
> What exactly do you mean ?

I mean, my c:\boot.ini specifies two entries, one with the "/gplpv"
option, the other without it. I can boot with gplpv and then without it
(a comlete reboot of domU is needed of course) and then again with gplpv
and so on, and no filesystem damage occurs.

>  How can we use "paravirtualized" Windows ? Is this what the PV drivers do so
> ?

Yes. When i boot Windows with the /gplpv option given, the
paravirtualization drivers for Windows
(http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenWindowsGplPv) activate themselves
and Windows becomes somewhat paravirtualizes, I assume.

Regards,

Tamas