From: Robert Dunkley <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] PV 0.9.12-pre3 with Multiple NICs/Bridges,Hard Lock - Update - ODBC connector not compatible?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:24:46 -0000

Hi Nick,

The event viewer on the VM shows nothing much at all. There are a couple of XenVBD errors about internal data structures but these do not happen on most boots.

Xm dmesg logs nothing, xm log shows debug information on creation of the VM but nothing after that.

Here is the VM config using only the LAN bridge:

name = 'dns2'

maxmem = 768

memory = 768

vcpus = 1

cpus = ["7"]

builder = 'hvm'

kernel = '/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader'

pae = 1

acpi = 1

apic = 1

hpet = 0

hap = 1

device_model = '/usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm.drbd'

sdl = 0

vnc = 1

vncdisplay = 9

vncpasswd = ‘pass'

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/drbd9,hda,w','file:/mnt/xenmedia/w2k3.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

boot = 'd'

vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:44:d3:aa,bridge=lanbr' ]

serial = 'pty'

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Rob