Re: [Xen-users] Lost Network on domU's - Please Help

On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 08:51:31PM -0500, James Pifer wrote:
> Today our company did some disaster recovery testing. I have two xen
> servers (sles10sp1) that use storage space on a SAN. I'm told the xen
> servers were shutdown correctly, but at this point I'm not really sure.
> I have a few domU's that came up correctly and I have a couple that came
> up without networking.
>
> If I try to restart the network it says:
> "No configuration found for eth6"
>
> If I look at /etc/sysconfig/network the configuration file is there.
>
> Even if I delete the card and re-add it, it still says the configuration
> cannot be found.
>
> Anyone know what I should do here?

Did you configure a fixed MAC[0] address for your domUs? SLES has the
annoying habit of tying the network configuration to the MAC address
of the interface. If your domUs came up with different MAC addresses,
they won't be configured.

Regards,
       Alex.
[0] In the Xen config file for the domU
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison