Re: [Xen-users] Problem after running upgrade

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Stephen Liu <satimis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:39:01 +0800 (CST)
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 02:39:41 -0800

--- Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Stephen Liu wrote:
>
> >domU
> >after running
> ># aptitude update
> >
> ># aptitude upgrade
> >1)
> >A new version of configuration file /etc/clamav/clamd.conf is
> >available,
> >but your version has been locally modified.
> >
> >install the package maintainer's version
> >2)
> >A new version of configuration file /etc/clamav/freshclam.conf is
> >available, but your version has been locally modified.
> >
> >install the package maintainer's version
>
> That's not a Xen issue.
>

> >It was also noticing that
> >
> >On domU
> ># xm list
> >
> >Name                     ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
> >Domain-0                 0  3417     2       r-----  10635.8
> >xen12.satimis.com        2    32     1       r-----    240.0
> >

> >The number "240.0" corresponding to "xen12.satimis.com" changed
> rapidly
> >on next run of "xm list".  The HD LED flashed.
> >

> >Please advise where to check the cause and how to fix the problem.
> TIA
> >

> >Remark:
> >Actually domU only starts.  It is not doing any work.  However the
> mail
> >server can work to send/receive mails.
>
> What happens if you connect to the console of the guest ? The
> symptoms you describe are not Xen specific, but are general to a
> class of problems where a program/process has 'gone wrong' and is
> doing something that consumes all resources. Diagnosis is the same as
>
> it would be on standalone machine.

Hi,

I have no problem to ssh-connect the guest on console.  The mail server
is working without problem.  It seems to me a program continuously
restarting.  This is a headless server without gui packages.  Which log
file shall I check.  Is there any program to check the cause of
problem.  TIA

B.R.
Stephen L