[Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] GPLPV drivers 0.9.12-pre9 upload

> > 3. If you are using the latest Xen 3.3.1 hg (maybe 3.3.0 too?), the
> > qemu_disable_patches.diff patch applied to the ioemu-remote git repo
> > (after 'make tools' has downloaded it, or after you've updated it to
the
> > latest) will completely remove the ide disks and network interfaces,
> > leaving the cdroms as emulated by qemu. This is how things should be
> > going forward - qemu cdrom's means you get eject and virtual image
swap
> > etc, and performance on a cdrom is hardly critical. Hopefully these
> > patches will make it into Xen 3.4.
>
> I posted this earlier in the wrong thread, I tried to use the
> qemu_disable_patches.diff today with 3.3.1 rc4 but it didn't hide the
> devices or change cdrom to emulated when using the pre11 drivers, this
> is what I did:
>
> hg clone -r 3.3.1-rc4 http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.3-testing.hg
> cd xen-3.3-testing.hg
> make tools # I believe this is necessary to pull ioemu-remote ?
> cd tools/ioemu-remote
> patch -p1 -i /usr/src/qemu-pci-disable.patch # I removed the last
> chunk of the patch which changes vl.c as the changes are in 3.3.1-rc4.
> make clean
> cd ../../
> make clean
> make tools
> make install-tools
> /etc/init.d/xend restart
>
> I did not recompile xen, only the tools.
>
> In my vista hvm the Intel IDE and Realtek NIC are still visible, and
> cdrom is XEN PV not ioemu/qemu.
>
> Is my method incorrect?

It looks to be. Can you confirm that the qemu-dm installed by 'make
install-tools' is definitely the one being used by your domain?

One of the other changes is that logging should appear in the logfile
for that domain. Can you have a look there and see what's in there?

Thanks

James