Re: [Xen-users] Urgent Network problem! Virtual network stops working after a few minutes/hours

> Hi,
>
> I'm using xen 3.3.0 on one server with 3 Guests (2 windows guest with gplpv
> drivers and one linux). After booting the machine all is fine. The domains
> came up and network is working. But after several minutes or hours the
> network stops to work. I can't reach the guests any more! only dom0 is
> reachable though the network. I asume the virtual network crashes.
> How can I find out where the problem is? Log files? command line tools?
>
> This is an urgent problem as this machine is a live server! Any help would
> be very appreciated!

I discovered to problem!

I don't know why - but the trouble started from the time after I set the ip-
adress for the dom0 to one ip from the same network as the guests. Until
yesterday I had a private IP 172.16.0.1 for my dom0 where all other Computers
in the LAN had public IPs. But to have better access to the dom0 I decided to
change this to one IP out of the same public network - and this was the
problem.
After I switched back to the private IP all is working fine again. network is
stable since hours now

I don't know what the problem is in this case. Maybe something with arp?