AW: [Xen-users] Urgent Network problem! Virtual network stops workingafter a few minutes/hours

  • To: "Martin Fernau" <m.fernau@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Rustedt, Florian" <Florian.Rustedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 09:05:11 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 00:08:00 -0800

..what about accessibility via vnc/framebuffer?
...what about CPU-usage of domU?

Last time i had this was while migrating drbd-layerd images from one xen to the
other in bridged mode. It disturbt the drbd connection and drbd shut down. Then
filesystem was gone for the domUs and in advance the domU failed some seconds
later.

In that case you could reach it some more time via vnc until the system hangs
because of missing blockdevices.

I solved that via routed networking, the automatic bridge-script destroyed my
net-setup after migration.

Kind regards, Florian

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the
named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager or
the sender immediately and do