RE: [Xen-users] my first XEN Installation I need some advice

  • From: Nathan Eisenberg <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 08:26:09 -0700
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 May 2009 08:27:04 -0700

I'd recommend you use Debian as well.  Ubuntu seems to be abandoning Xen in
favor of KVM (?), and the packages aren't being maintained well.  The last time
I tried to build an Ubuntu Xen server, I gave up after two hours of fighting
packages.

I have several Debian Dom0s in production, though, and they work great!  Also,
the general configuration has not changed all that much in the last year or so,
or between debian-based distros, so many of the older howtos still work for the
most part (like how to use HVM or GPLPV.  Not sure about stubdom, I really need
to learn that...)

Thank You,
Nathan Eisenberg
Sr. Systems Administrator
Atlas Networks, LLC
Atlas Networks is an Atlas Accelerator Company