Re: [Xen-users] my first XEN Installation I need some advice

Hi Niels Jende,

> well, I gave the ubuntu-default-xen a try, but this package couldn't get find. Maybe it is obsolete??? Who knows...However, I found ubuntu-server-xen and installed that instead. However, I installed, as far as I can say, all xen packages and now I'm looking for some sort of a HowTo. Haven't found one yet for Ubuntu Server 9.04 aka Jaunty. Shouldn't I need a XEN-Kernel?

Yes, you need a "-xen"-kernel at least in Dom0. I personally use Debian, thats why I don't know how the packages are called in Ubuntu.

In Debian you have the choice:

- Install "linux-image-2.6-xen-amd64/i686" and the suggested xen-hypervisor.

or: "Nichts ist besser als Handarbeit"

As soon as "xm info" is running without problems. You have successfully installed and started Xen.

FYI: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xen

Fabian