Re: [Xen-users] strange network issue after upgrade to 3.4

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Ian Tobin <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Yep,
>>
>> Make
>> Make install
>
> That's odd. It should mean you're using both the new hypervisor and
> userland. Can you try disabling xend's startup (on RHEL this is
> chkconfig) and see if networking works with the new hypervisor but
> before xend's bridging code takes place.

Another note: when you install xen from sources, it overwrites scripts
on /etc/xen/scripts as well as the config /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp.
One of the difference is that Lenny's packages uses network-dummy by
default, and you have to either:
- setup bridges manually, or
- edit xend-config.sxp to enable network-bridge.

Xen's config uses network-bridge by default.

The thing is network-bridge from Lenny's Xen-3.2 package did not work
for me (I kept getting "receive pakage with own address as source" or
something like that), while Xen 3.4's version works. It might be the
other way around for you. If that's the case then disabling xend
during during startup would at least make sure that networking
(modules, gateway, etc.) is OK, and that you only have to find
bridging setup that works for you (manual setup, Lenny's, or Xen
3.4's).

--
Fajar