Re: [Xen-users] Making system templates

On 08/06/09 23:02, Olivier B. wrote:
Javier Guerra a Ãcrit :
On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Olivier B.<xen.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
about LVM : one the big advantages of LVM is the resize... "lvresize" on
Dom0, then (for ext3/ext4) resize2fs in DomU.

add a partition resize step.  even so, this only works if the
filesystem you want to resize is the last partition in the virtual
device
I never partition LVM "virtual device", I used different LV. So there is no problem to resize any of this partitions.
About the additionnal step, I don't really see where it is a problem.
So to confirm, rather than making /dev/xenvg/domudisk and doing:

disk = ['phy:/dev/xenvg/domudisk,xvda,w']

and partitioning /dev/xenvg/domudisk in the guest, you'd make (for example):

/dev/xenvg/domudisk-root
/dev/xenvg/domudisk-home
/dev/xenvg/domudisk-swap

and configure it like:

disk = [
   'phy:/dev/xenvg/domudisk-root,xvda1,w',
   'phy:/dev/xenvg/domudisk-home,xvda2,w',
   'phy:/dev/xenvg/domudisk-swap,xvda3,w'
]

Is that right? The idea had crossed my mind, but all the tools seemed to want to do it the other way.

Regards,
Jeff