Re: [Xen-users] HyperVM

  • To: Admin GG <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 23:08:29 +0200
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 14:09:17 -0700

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 10:10 PM, Admin GG <admin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

anyone here is using HyperVM?

As you probabily know, the owner of LxLabs has killed hitself (i want to make my condolences to his family):

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bangalore/Techie-hangs-himself-in-HSR-Layout-/articleshow/4633101.cms

HyperVM has some big vulnerabilities and we don't know if they will be fixed. We don't know if the licensing server will be kept up, so it's possible that when it expires all our server go down.

http://forum.lxlabs.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=67554

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/08/webhost_attack/

Now the only solution is stop hypervm service everywhere.

Anyone having my same trouble? Any idea on what we can do? Other control panels?

Doex XenServer integrate a web control panel?

Thankyou in advance guys.

We've lost an important programmer, but our businnes must go on. Sorry for my post.

Giorgio

Hi Giorgio,

This is indeed a sad, but big problem for many.

I have been looking for alternatives, and so far Citrix Xenserver, Enomalism & Promoxo looks like they could do what I need.

I only host XEN containers, but runs multiple operating systems on the Virtual PC's, so I need HVM support.

HyperVM is the only one I could find so far that does so much through a web interface, and also integrates with WHMCS for automated deployment, upgrades, suspension & un-suspension, reboots, reinstalls by the client, etc.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers