RE: [Xen-users] migrating between different processors (intel/amd)

  • To: "'Xen User-List'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:08:56 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 06:09:50 -0700

        In the past, those 5 licenses could include client access licenses,
so you could buy one server, add 5 client access licenses (for much less
than 4 more server licenses / 4 office licenses / 4 xp licenses), and the
cost was even more reasonable.  That may still be the case regarding the
licensing, however, with Vista/2008 and higher, activation may still be
required (albeit different) for the software; I am not sure since I am only
running XP and 2003.  Another option may be the MSDN (?) subscription, I
haven't ever actually had one, but I think it includes copies of a lot of
software with licenses that are still good after the subscription expires.
        Dustin