Re: [Xen-users] XEN 3.4.1-pre3 with newer Kernel

Hi Maik Brauer schrieb:
who can tell me, how I can use a newer Kernel for the current XEN Release 3.4.1 -pre3? Is there a way to do this. What needs to be done in details. Are there any howtos.
I'm currently running Xen 3.4.1-rc2-pre with 2.6.29.4-xen.
Just download the kernel.org-sources and patch them with:

http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/downloads/list

Some hints:

CONFIG_EMBEDDED=y
CONFIG_DMI=n

don't try "patch -p1 --dry-run" it will fail. Just patch the sources.

The attached config is running without problems (PV/HVM since weeks). Maybe you have to add "pci=nomsi", but I'm not sure if it's still needed. And yes, it's a backported xen.org-kernel.

All credits go to Andrew Lyon, thanks!

Have fun,
Fabian