Re: [Xen-users] xenified 2.6.29 ready to use tar.gz

Sreeharsha Totakura wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> From your mail I wanted to know something, I have put it below:
>
>> Hello *,
>>
>> i have created a distclean tarball from
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/downloads/list
>>
>> with these patches:
>>
>> http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/genpatches/patches-2.6.29-6.htm
>>
>> this results in xenified vanilla 2.6.29.3 with some ext4 patches.
>>
>> You can get it here:
>> http://x17.eu/linux-2.6.29-xen-r4-aka-suse-xenified-2.6.29-62.1.tar.gz
>>
> http://x17.eu/linux-2.6.29-xen-r4-aka-suse-xenified-2.6.29-62.1.tar.gz.md5
>> following my working .config:
>>
> http://x17.eu/linux-2.6.29-xen-r4-aka-suse-xenified-2.6.29-62.1.config.tar.gz
>
>> http://x17.eu/linux-2.6.29-xen-r4-aka-suse-xenified-2.6.29-62.
>> 1.config.tar.gz.md5
>>
>> untar and be happy :)
>>

>> --daniel
>>
>> p.s.:
>>
>> if you get this error
>>
>> <quote>
>> arch/x86/kernel/built-in.o: In function `timer_interrupt':
>> (.text+0x4dbf): undefined reference to `__udivdi3'
>> make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
>> </quote>
>>
>> you are probably compiling for 32bit with gcc 4.3.2
>> switch to gcc 4.1.2 and it is working..
>>

> You'r right! with gcc 4.3.0 its throwing the same error. May I know the
> reason why?

i dont know exactly why, but here is the fix:

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-709908-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-xen+kernel-start-75.html

<quote>
This error is related to some optimizations gcc-4.3 does. This has been
fixed several times, the current (supposed) fix is:
</quote>

-d