Re: [Xen-users] Running Xen on a Xen guest

  • To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:45:26 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 02:46:07 -0700

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Stephen
Spector<stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ian:
>
> I know that the Clarkson University team did this for the USENIX Xen
> training. It allowed for the creation of Xen guests for people at the
> training to leverage. I can get more info for you from Todd Deshane if you
> need.

More info would be good, if available.
I tried this with RHEL and Debian, and both performs poorly to the
point of being unusable (for me) even for training purposes.
Xen PV drivers for HVM domU can make HVM I/O performance increase
significantly (close to that of PV guest), but you can't use PV
drivers with -xen kernel :P

--
Fajar