Re: [Xen-users] Frequent para (Linux) domU hangs

Hi Nathan,

> Dom0 is Debian Etch amd64 (haven't upgraded this Dom0 yet) running
> 2.6.26-bpo.1-xen-amd64.  Xen version is xen-3.2-1-amd64.  Plenty of leftover
> memory and swap.
>
> DomU is Centos 5.3 Final amd64, running the dom0's kernel
> (2.6.26-bpo.1-xen-amd64).  DomU has lots of memory and plenty of swap (added
> because I suspected it may have been a problem).
>
> One possibility I am beginning to suspect is that domU may be filling up /tmp
> (using /usr/tmpDSK for some reason).  Not sure on that, though.  I may try
> removing that from the fstab and see if stability improves...

Seems like we're in a similar although not identical environment.

I think there's not much difference (or perhaps none at all) between the
backported etch kernel and the lenny kernel?

I've planned an upgrade to 2.6.26-2-xen-amd64 in the next few weeks to
see if that makes a difference and have just added a swapfile to one of
the two troubled VMs.

Please keep me informed about your progress; I'll do the same.

Jan