Re: [Xen-users] Re: [xen-discuss] xen-3.4 on ubuntu 9.04

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Maciej Jan Broniarz <gausus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thx. I have installed 3.4.1 and it apears to work fine, with one minor
> issue. When I boot to dom0 my display goes crazy and shows lots of random
> symbols and colors. Still i can SSH to the server so it's not a real
> problem.

Which OS/distro is it? You might be able to workaround this by
disabling graphical booting. On RHEL/Centos remove "rhgb", while on
Ubuntu remove "splash" from kernel args on grub's menu.lst.

> One more question - should i set dom0_mem to some value (eg 512mb) or just
> let dom0 manage memory for itself?

You should set it to a value that allows dom0 to run without swapping
while at the same time allowing domU to start without having to ballon
down dom0 memory. 512MB is a good starting point for a dom0 that
doesn't run any aditional services.

--
Fajar