Re: [Xen-users] Xen Performance

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Grant McWilliams
<grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> [ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
>> [  4]  0.0-10.0 sec  1.57 GBytes  1.35 Gbits/sec
>>
>> This is on a 2.4GHz Opteron 2378. Since domU <-> domU transfer are
>> mostly CPU-bound, faster CPUs should yield higher performance.

> Thanks for the numbers I reran iperf tests and this is what I got on xen
> 3.4.1. This is on an 8 core Intel system with 16GB ram.
>
> DomU to DomU - 2.0 Gbits/sec
> DomU to Dom0 - 3.46 Gbit/sec
> Dom0 to DomU - 346 Mbits/sec
>
> These are similar ratios that I got before but because this system is about
> 3x faster than the old system the numbers are bigger. Fajar, if you get time
> could you see if you see something similar on your system?

That's odd. I'll see if I can get a test Intel box tomorrow to compare
the numbers. In the mean time, what does your environment look like?
64bit? what distro and kernel version?

If possible, can you test installing RHEL/Centos 5.4 64bit dom0 and
update to Gitco's Xen 3.4.1? That's what my setup mostly like, and so
far network performance (including domU <-> domU)  has been great.

--
Fajar