[Xen-users] Re: Networking stops working for no apparent reason

On 21/01/2010 03:39, James Harper wrote:
On the surface yes, but the problems I was seeing involved Linux getting
quite upset and refusing to do any packet routing when TCP offloading
was in use. Minutes later it would start again. Nothing was ever logged
anywhere to indicate problems it just stopped routing packets.

The problem desciption "minutes later it would start again" is just what is happening to me. I can provoke the xen network to "crash" by doing "yum update". After downloading just over 1 MB, it breaks the networking for a few minutes before getting back to normal.

I disabled checksum offloading on all network devices (in dom0 and domU) but with no effect.

Do you have any other ideas? This is really puzzling to me...

Another thing: while the network is broken, when I try pinging from domU to dom0, the result is either "Network unreachable" or sometimes "sendmsg: no buffer space available". However I checked with free and buffer space is well over 6 MB on domU and dom0.

- Arik