Re: [Xen-users] drbd non-live migration with drbd

This is a question for Linbit or DRBD mailing list.
I can however tell you, that for live migration you have to have both resources mounted in primary (for at least short period of time). For PV's this is possible using drbd OCF ra drbd instead of phy in Xen config, but has some catches related to outdating drbd. For live migration of HVM, you have to have active/active or. promoted/promoted.

Regards,
M.

Aleksandar Ivanisevic wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to achieve non-live migration with drbd using
primary/secondary setup (not live primary/primary like everyone else,
I think that the risk of running two domUs on a same drbd resource is
too high)

Is this possible? When I try migrating, the primary drbd device goes
down to secondary mode but the destination device never goes to
primary and as a result i get a locked-up domU.

using centos5 x86_64 and xen 3.4.1 from www.gitco.de/linux but got the
same results with stock xen on centos5 i386