[Xen-users] Re: drbd non-live migration with drbd

Martin GombaÄ <martin@xxxxxx> writes:

> This is a question for Linbit or DRBD mailing list.

I don't think so, since drbd as such works as expected.

> I can however tell you, that for live migration you have to have both
> resources mounted in primary (for at least short period of time).

I don't want live migration, this is why i wrote non-live in the
subject ;)

> For PV's this is possible using drbd OCF ra drbd instead of phy in Xen
> config, but has some catches related to outdating drbd.

Which catches? Where is this documented? I thought all you have to do
is use drbd block scripts and xen will take care of everything.

> For live migration of HVM, you have to have active/active
> or. promoted/promoted.

Yup, that works, I'm just worried of what happens to the disk if
someone starts VMs on both ends.

> Regards,
> M.
>
> Aleksandar Ivanisevic wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to achieve non-live migration with drbd using
>> primary/secondary setup (not live primary/primary like everyone else,
>> I think that the risk of running two domUs on a same drbd resource is
>> too high)
>>
>> Is this possible? When I try migrating, the primary drbd device goes
>> down to secondary mode but the destination device never goes to
>> primary and as a result i get a locked-up domU.
>>
>> using centos5 x86_64 and xen 3.4.1 from www.gitco.de/linux but got the
>> same results with stock xen on centos5 i386

Ivanisevicu, pokusaj se za promjenu drzati teme i replicirati na ono o
cemu sugovornik pise. Osim sto je tvoje pracenje "koji me vrag zapravo
muci" off-topic na Linux grupi, radi se i o zabadanju njuske u moje
privatne stvari. Vec si pokazao nedostatak dobrog odgoja no ovo granici
sa sociopatijom. -- Mladen Gogala, hr.comp.os.linux