Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV or other drivers for win2k8r2?

>>> On 2010/02/05 at 07:21, James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 20:51 -0700, Nick Couchman wrote:
>> When you tested this, did you disable transmission checksum
>> offloading?  This setting, which is enabled by default, has always
>> caused me some problems and I almost always have to disable it.
The
>> symptoms could include bad network performance, as packets will be
>> retransmited repeatedly due to the bad checksums generated by the
>> checksum offloading.
>>
>> -Nick
>
> No I didn't, I was going to try installing gplpv on win2008 this
> morning, but I really don't want to deal with the signing issue. I
think
> I'll first try ïMatthias' suggestion using the e1000 model driver.
>
> Thanks to all!
> James

The signing issue is very, very simple.  You simply go to a command
prompt as an Administrator, type "bcdedit /set testsigning on", and
reboot.  Then you can install the drivers, although the latest release
(0.11.0.188) doesn't see the testsigning switch correctly, so you have
to make a little registry tweak.

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.