Re: [Xen-users] XCP My projects and todo list

On Tue, February 16, 2010 8:10 pm, Vern Burke wrote:
> When all is said and done, most of it will be PHP.
>
> I'm developing in kind of a mishmash right now, I guess you could say
> I'm freestyling :D.
>
> It's actually working well enough now that I have it in production on my
> own XCP cloud (live customers and all!), most of the work left on the
> working sections is to push static settings off to a common config file.
>
> It's so nice to be able to put my feet up in front of the tv and handle
> the cloud from my BlackBerry :D.

Sounds cool, Verne.

Can you tell us a bit more? - how many domUs on how many dom0s?  What kind
of storage and what problems if any did you have to overcome?

Are the domUs bridged or routed and are their IPs statically configured or
from DHCP?

Enquiring minds wanna know! ;-)

We are quite late to the Xen party and have very little invested in our
own tools.  This, and because XCP looks so cool has got us thinking of
creating our own XCP frontend in Ruby together with Sinatra or maybe Rails
3 when it comes out soon.

The only worry is the cost of capable and redundant shared storage.  We're
currently looking at 30 or more domUs across a few dom0s and our small
company couldn't stretch to a NetApp cluster or anything like it.  Nor
could we afford to move up from gbit switching either...

Thanks,

Matt.