Re: [Xen-users] xen storage options - plase advise

> > -I'm using file based disks for VMs. My preference would be to keep
> > doing this way
>
> So you need to use a cluster-FS. ocfs2, gfs and so on are the way to go.

Can gfs be used on sles?

> > -I know NFS is an option, but seems that it would add too many points of
> > failure, and losing nfs would take every VM down. plus I'm not sure how
> > performance would be.
> >
> > What other shared storage options do I have?
>
> If you have a shared (FC)-LUN between your server i would suggest to use
> LVM in this scenario.
>
> Just beware of using LVM-write-cache, which should be disabled, because
> of delayed writes, which cause failures in HA-Failover or
> Live-Migration.

So, each server gets the same LUN just like I do now. I create the LVM
as you suggest. So each server will see that lvm? Would I also rely on
xen's locking mechanisms for making sure two servers don't try to access
the same VM disk files?

You lost me with this line, where do I use this at?
ïuse phy:/dev/data/$LUN-VM1 in xen ;-)

Thanks,
James