Re: [Xen-users] 2 instances of a DomU on the same LV

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Guy Roussin
<guy.roussin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> First the basics: xen does a basic sanity check to prevent more than a
>> domU uses the same block device/file when it's set as writable, unless
>> user specifically overides it. The check is only on the same dom0.
>> Nothing is done to prevent the same device used on another dom0. You
>> need some other kind of external mechanism to prevent that.

> Thank you Fajar, now i understand the logic.
> Is there some "external mechanism" i can use ?

No ready-to-use script/application that I know of.

> Otherwise I could develop my own simple mechanisms (shell scripts),

You could extend /etc/xen/scripts/block. Look for check_sharing(), and
add a custom function there to check whether a remote node/guest is
using it.

A simple way would be to set up ssh authorized_keys on both nodes and
changing the basic commands (cat /proc/mounts, xenstore-list/read) to
have "ssh other-host-ip" in front of it. I'm not sure how this method
will interact with live migration though.

> and stop using virt-manager.

If done correctly, you can still use virt-manager.

--
Fajar