Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4 VGA Passthrough - Keyboard/Mouse?

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 09:45:03AM -0600, Nick Couchman wrote:

> > I just added your IGD model info to:
> > http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenVGAPassthrough
> >
> > Feel free to tell how it goes with the ATI adapter. There has been extra
> > patches
> > floating on the xen-devel list for some other troublesome adapters.
> >
> > Although it might just work with ATI aswell, who knows :)
> >

> Well, the initial attempts with an Nvidia card aren't quite so successful -
> the domain tries to start, but stalls at some point - hard to tell where.  I
> get messages in the qemu-dm log file that say that the real physical device
> 01:00.0 (the PCI slot of the add-in video card) has been successfully
> registered, but then it kind of stalls and doesn't go any further than that.
> I need to make sure I have the actual 4.0 release and not one of the RCs (I'm
> using some pre-built RPMs for openSuSE), so perhaps that will help.

Also keep in mind many Nvidia cards will require extra/custom patches..
See the XenVGAPassthrough wiki page for some links, and xen-devel archives for
discussions and more patches..

I think some of the threads has instructions what you need to do with Nvidia
to get it working.

Please let us know how it goes..

-- Pasi