Re: [Xen-users] pci device not owned by pciback.

On Tue, 2010-04-27 at 12:58 -0400, listmail wrote:
> search keyword co-assigned here ->
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough

I'm looking at what you sent, but...

I'm actually passing (or trying to) pass both ports on the card to the
same domU. Plus, this worked yesterday, but we plugged the DLT drive in
after the host was already booted. Could this have made a difference?

Plus, the domU is a PV not an HVM, so why does VT come into play? Or is
that because passthrough is a VT "thing"?

Here's what I did next.
1) We unplugged the DLT drive and rebooted the host again. When it came
up I got the same error.

2) Next from virt-manager I removed and re-added the PCI cards to
passthrough. Now the system starts, but bombs right at the scsi card
part of the boot.

3) Next I removed the domU, added the following to the config, then
readded the domU: extra="iommu=soft swiotlb=128 "
Boot the domU and get the same thing.

ï4) Next I removed the domU, added the following to the config, then
readded the domU: extra="iommu=soft swiotlb=force "
Now I boot the domU and everything works.

Does that makes sense? Do you still think that fits into the stuff you
linked me to?

Thanks,
James