Re: [Xen-users] about intel VT on new F11 series vaio laptops..

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 2:28 AM, Manuel Mely <mmelyp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to buy a laptop, preferably a core i7 one with plenty of
> ram to virtualize some windows and linux hosts; using Xen 4.0
> obviously.
> I've read that earlier versions of vaio notebooks doesn't support
> intel VT, this option is disabled in the Bios from factory; that's
> really scary.; but I've read also
> that newers versions of F11 vaios are ready to enable this value. Can
> somebody really clarify me this? Someone here using a VPC-F11XXXX?

You could ask the sales rep if it support WIndows 7's XP mode. Or, if
you can get it to boot from DVD/USB, check out Xen Live CD and see if
it can run HVM guests. Or see if you can run CPU identification
utility from http://www.vmware.com/download/shared_utilities.html

Let others know what you find. Personally, I stick with known-to-work
models, like Acer Aspire 4740G with Intel i5-430M.

--
Fajar