Re: [Xen-users] Question: Best option to run an Arch Linux DomU

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Mike Viau <viaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I understand that one could create a HVM domU to install a great deal of
> various operating systems for testing purpose. On my particular Xen server I
> am running some debian DomUs as well but they are running as PV domUs, by
> using a configuration found at:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/images/daily/netboot/xen/xm-debian.cfg
>

> What options would I have to setup an Arch Linux DomU?

You should ask archlinux guys if they support running as Xen domU first.

> And what options would yield best performance? What steps could be taken to
> run Arch Linux as a PV domU?

The general way to do that is to install as HVM domU, install
xen-commpatible kernel if necessary, then do some modifications. Most
ditros using recent-enough kernel 2.6 can be easily converted to PV
domU, but you might need to compile your own kernel package for that.

--
Fajar