Re: [Xen-users] lvm inside of domU

  • To: toni <dranach@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 19:22:36 -0700
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 16 May 2010 19:24:14 -0700

On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 1:07 PM, toni <dranach@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've found some discussion here about using lvm *inside* the domU.
I would like to do my own share of experimenting with it, but haven't found any info (yet) on how to use lvm inside the domU.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of some useful documentation on the subject?

All the searches I've made so far invariably point to making a domU *on* a volume group, which isn't exactly what I'm looking for, since I have already accomplished that part..

Toni M.

Toni,
ÂÂÂ Just install and choose LVM during installation (or if the DomU is Redhat based it will be automatic). This doesn't really have to do with Xen at all but rather the DomU OS.

Grant McWilliams

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."
Now they have two problems.