Re: [Xen-users] interesting installation problem - interaction between drbd and xen

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Configuration this applies to:
> Debian Lenny

> xendomains was trying to bring up VMs, before drbd devices were initialized
> - leading to all kinds of weirdness. The domains would try to come up, get
> through the boot stages, and then hang as soon as they tried to mount root
> and swap.

That, by itself, is strange. Whether you use phy:/dev/drbd*, or
block-drbd scripts, the drbd resource should not be accessible if drbd
has not been started yet. Not accessible means the domU should not be
able to start at all.

> Changing S21xendomains to S76xendomains (after both drbd and hearbeat)
> solved the problem.
>
> WHICH LEADS TO A QUESTION:
>
> This isn't really a bug with any one piece of code - it's a bug in the
> interaction, specifically in the naming/ordering of the init package.  And I
> expect that this may be specific to packaging (I'm going to do more
> digging).  SO WHERE DO I FILE A BUG REPORT?

Since you use debian packages, your best bet is to contact their
package maintainer, or use their bug report mechanism.
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/xen-linux-system-2.6.26-2-xen-686
--
Fajar