Re: [Xen-users] cent os domu creation problem

  • To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 11:45:30 +0530
  • Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 17 May 2010 23:16:53 -0700

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> got following error
>> Error: configuration option vnc unknown to vfbs
>>
>> this is my cfg fie
>
> I've pasted my recommended config over and over again.
Sorry about that. I was not able to understand that.
 >Did you
> actually read my response? Why did you keep insisting on using xvda1
> and xvda2 with Centos installer?
Actually on other DomUs it is xvda1 and xvda2 so I thought in one of
your responses you said.Any how I have copy pasted the same that you
mailed.
Once again sorry about this.It was confusing.
> Here it is, one more time
>
> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-xen-install"
> ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-xen-install"
> extra = " text"
> name = "centos5"
> memory = "1024"
>
> disk        = [
>               'phy:/dev/virtualization/centos5-disk,xvda,w',
>               'phy:/dev/virtualization/centos5-swap,xvdb,w',
>           ]
>
> vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3E:2D:B5:80']
> vfb=['vnc=1,vnclisten=0.0.0.0']
> vcpus=1
> on_poweroff='destroy'
> on_reboot = 'destroy'
> on_crash = 'destroy'
> #---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> If you still got vnc error with this config file,
Yes there was error
Error: configuration option vnc unknown to vfbs

>it's possible that
> your xen version does not support vfb for PV guest. In that case you
> can simply comment it out.
Yes there was error  I have commented it out now.Have used xvda and
xvdb not xvda1,xvda2
>When running text-based installer, Centos
> installer does not need a frame buffer.
After this I did xm create t1.cfg -c
Where t1 is the new cfg I created after this thread. vfb is
commened.xvda and xvdb are there.

xm create t1.cfg -c after some time got
Error: Device 51712 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

after this I do not have any clue/
--
Tapas