Re: [Xen-users] cent os domu creation problem

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Where t1 is the new cfg I created after this thread. vfb is
> commened.xvda and xvdb are there.
>
> xm create t1.cfg -c after some time got
> Error: Device 51712 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.
>
> after this I do not have any clue/

That's odd. Look at several last lines (about 100 lines or so) on
/var/log/xen/xend.log what does it say about centos5-disk and
centos5-swap? Does it say device not found or something like that?

Try shutting down your running debian domU, and change centos domU's
disk section line from

disk        = [
               'phy:/dev/virtualization/centos5-disk,xvda,w',
               'phy:/dev/virtualization/centos5-swap,xvdb,w',
           ]

to simply

disk        = ['phy:/dev/virtualization/research-disk,xvda,w']

That is, use a block device from your other domU that's known to work.
If it DOES work, don't follow through with the install process though.
Destroy the domU immediately with "xm destroy". This is simply to
isolate whether the problem is in that particular block device or not.

--
Fajar