Re: [Xen-users] Manual p2v

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 3:40 AM, Paras pradhan <pradhanparas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
> Thanks for the reply. What I did is:
> * dd a image file and mounted as a loop file.
> * copied everything including /boot except /proc /sys
> I will be using Paravirt and Pygrub. So I am a bit confused how to handle
> /boot using pygrub.

which part are you confused about? As long as you put the disk image
containing /boot first in your domU config file, pygrub should pick it
up just fine. The more important issue, since you'll be using paravirt
(PV) guest, is to prepare your system so it has PV-compatible kernel
and config (grub.conf, fstab, etc.). See http://pastebin.com/f6a5022bf
for example. The example is for converting HVM domU to PV, but some of
the info should also apply to converting physical machine to PV.

--
Fajar