Re: [Xen-users] a suggestion for those creating any documentation for xen

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 4:57 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 12:59 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 08:37:36PM +0530, Tapas Mishra wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> It would be good if there are some pages which refer to some use cases
>>> of CentOS as DomU on Debian Dom0.

That would be good, yes.

>>> In past 2-3 days I was able to just begin a text based install.Which
>>> did not went any further.
>>> I have gone through CentOS Wiki
>>> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/HowTos
>>> and have problem particularly related to use of LVM based images.
>>> vnc did not worked on LAN.
>>> Now trying to proceed to make a QEMU image to be installed as DomU

Centos domU can be installed as PV domU just fine. Using manual
process or through tools like virt-manager/virt-install.
The problem MIGHT be related to your dom0 environment. Seeing the
response to your mail so far, it seems not many people (on this list
anyway) use that dom0/domU combination. Those not familiar with that
combination will be unfamiliar with Debian-specific bug/problems.

If you can write a good documention on that issue, feel free to add
them to the wiki

>> Centos can be installed as Xen PV domU in text mode, or in graphical mode
>> using pvfb.
>> It works well in both modes.
>>
>> What's your problem?
> http://markmail.org/thread/h7rooucvlhnivibd

You've been describing different set of problems, using different LV
names, using different tools/method than what's suggested. That makes
it harder for people who want to help, and actually discourage them
from even trying to help you.

I'm not familiar with xen-tools or rinse, and since you insist on
using it there's not much I can do to help. If you only concern in
geting a Centos domU to work regardless of the method, at this point
I'd actually suggest you try using virt-manager. It's relatively easy
to use and Centos-friendly.

--
Fajar