[Xen-users] PCI DSS and Xen Networking

  • To: <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:50:30 +0100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 20 May 2010 01:53:09 -0700

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading about using Virtualisation in PCI DSS compliant networks. McAfee published a report about how it is ok to use VMWare in these environments, and VMWare's networking is safe enough to segment VMs.

Is using bridges in Xen just as safe for production use? I would image it is as many service providers use Xen for public hosted VMs...

I was thinking that I would have to following something like this:

Many Thanks