Re: [Xen-users] blktap2, also broken in current pv_ops stable-2.6.32.x?

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 12:37 AM, Heiko Wundram <modelnine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I decided to give a pv_ops-Kernel a try, and checked out and
> compiled the current xen/stable-2.6.32.x branch.
>
> Blktap2 seemed to be working properly (at least I thought so yesterday
> evening, testing it with the two hosts that are currently productively
> running on the upgraded Dom0, both of which are PV and i386), but after
> having given AMD64 Ubuntu a spin at installing today, I'm hitting a similar
> problem to what I'm seeing with the SLES sources: after a certain
> amount/speed of I/O from the (HVM-)DomU, the system becomes unstable.
>
> I'm not getting much sensible debugging info, because sometimes I'm hitting
> a "Kernel BUG, invalid opcode (in block-core.c)" in the Dom0, but the system
> still reacts somewhat (can be rebooted), sometimes nothing shows up on the
> Dom0 logs, but the xm tools don't react anymore and a reboot is impossible,
> sometimes the host completely freezes.

Latest pv_ops based on 2.6.32.13 seems to work fine in my tests
regarding load test. There's a nasty bug with "xm block-attach" and
"xm block-detach" (which could lead to kernel panic, in the right
circumstances), but as long as you don't use those commands it works
fine.

--
Fajar