Re: [Xen-users] XCP Xen Cloud Control System ver 0.3 released!

On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 10:04 -0400, Vern Burke wrote:
> I only do static IP assignments on the VMs. I have no idea how you'd
> stop a VM from running a DHCP server from outside the VM (not that I can
> imagine why anyone would want to do that anyways). The best answer I've
> found for a lot of shennanigans is a zero tolerance policy in the terms
> of service (do it and you're gone, period).

One approach to monitoring for rogue DHCP servers is to monitor the
local LAN by soliciting DHCP requests and checking the offer source(s)
against what is expected. A probe is necessary per vlan.

We've written something like this for our own product. The code is not
complex.

Frank