Re: [Xen-users] Xen dom0 on debian, what is the most recent but stable solution?

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 8:41 PM, Fantu <fantonifabio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the good reply, yesterday on dell t610 i try xen 4.0.1-rc1 with
> kernel 2.6.32.13 pv_ops last build (last commit
> f6fe6583b77a49b569eef1b66c3d761eec2e561b) with this config:
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p28668520/config-2.6.32.13 config-2.6.32.13
> Boot very long and system useless

I have Xen 4.0 (released version), 2.6.32.13 pv_ops, commit 4dd582f,
with this config: http://pastebin.com/5L44xXQj
It works good enough for testing so far, but I haven't use it for
production purposes. There's a bug with blktap2 and xm
block-attach/detach, but it should be fine for normal usage.

Note that RHEL5 needs

CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y

so I put it on my config. You  won't need it for newer distros.
It boots longer than usual due to /lib/udev/rename_device uses 100%
CPU, but it's still acceptable, and only happens on boot.

> Today i have move the same disk to other system not dell, the only problems
> see with not dom0_mem=...M and balloning of dom0 is low performance if after

I use dom0_mem=2048M. That's mainly because I have a process on dom0
which needs lots of memory (zfs-fuse). I usually set it to around
768M. And no ballooning.

--
Fajar