Re: [Xen-users] Xen Can't See all my ram see only 14Giga

2010/5/31 Mohamed Kamal <mk_kamal@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> CentOS 5.4 With Processor Core2Quad And 16 Giga Ram

Just checking some basics. How did you determine that you can only see
14GB RAM? Is it:
(1) xm info, OR
(2) top, free, or "cat /proc/meminfo"

If it's (1), then the easiest thing for you is simply use 64bit
Centos. Really. Install it on a fresh partition/LV, and copy the
configs from the old 32bit dom0. Your 32bit domUs can run just fine
under 64bit hypervisor and dom0. Also, if you install to a fresh
partition/LV, you have the chance to rollback to your previous
installation just in case something goes wrong.

If it's (2), then pay no attention.  It doesn't really matter what
they say. In fact, I highly recommend you limit dom0 memory like so:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenBestPractices

--
Fajar