RE: [Xen-users] Xen Can't See all my ram see only 14Giga

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Matej Zary <zary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 11:54:12 +0200
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 31 May 2010 02:55:43 -0700

When you run Xen kernel, the Linux machine becomes "virtual machine" - the Xen
hypervisor "owns" all hardware resources and provisions them to the running
virtual machines (one of these virtual machines is your Dom0 linux with xen
kernel) - so the Xen hypervisor itself needs some own physical RAM to operate.
Secondly, you DON'T want to have all the available RAM provided to your Dom0,
there's no need for it and it can even cause some unwanted troubles -
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenBestPractices.

Regards

Matej Zary