[Xen-users] XCP, XCCS, xe, and XVP, random thoughts

Well, that was a lot of alphabet soup acronyms :).

I've just been thinking about the claim in a prior post that using the xe cli with XCP abnormally increases the XCP server load. The only way I could see this happening is to be running xe from the servers command line. I use xe extensively to do the grunt work of XCCS (Xen Cloud Control System). I don't see the loading issue (and I do a LOT of xe, what with the watchdogs and the load balancer), but I'm running xe on a remote machine, not an XCP server.

Regarding previous comments about XVP and xvpappliance, I was never able to get XVP to compile properly but I recently downloaded and installed xvpappliance on my XCP cloud. It does work, but there is one large bug in it, it won't detect changes in the pool without manually going in and rediscovering the pool.

--
Vern Burke

SwiftWater Telecom
http://www.swiftwatertel.com