Re: [Xen-users] Creating Fedora PV Guest Images

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 6:52 PM, John McDermott (U.S. Navy Employee)
<john.mcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fajar,
>
> Thanks. I am looking for information on how the .img files that virt-install
> uses are created.

similar to how you install Fedora on physical machines: using anaconda
installer.

> I have not done an install of guests for about 2 years. We used to use dd to
> copy a file system into an image and that was all that was required. I was
> curious if that is still so and what needs to be in the file systems tree
> (e.g. /boot, /etc).

That still works. Assuming you already have a working PV base image
(from virt-install or whatever), you can simply dd-it to create a new
image, and create a suitable xen config file.

--
Fajar