Re: [Xen-users] The bottleneck of using multinetwork card?

  • To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
  • From: ma qiang <maqiang1984@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 14:52:16 +0800
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 23:53:59 -0700

I  did the same test one the same computer in dom0 using only one network card,  the results show 1000M/sec.

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 2:44 PM, ma qiang <maqiang1984@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do you mean 250 Mbit/sec ?
Yes.

> You should get much more.. how are you measuring the performance?
> What benchmark are you using?
I use an tool from ixia to test the network in the vm.

> Are both the eth0 and eth1 connected to the same network/vlan?
Yes.  I run my test from another computer to connect to vm0 and vm1,  and they all in the same switch.
To be noted my cards are both 1000m network card.

> When you run the network benchmark try running "xm top"
> to monitor the overall cpu usage.. also run "top" in dom0
> to see if there's a big cpu usage in dom0.
No, the cpu is less than 20%