Re: [Xen-users] Removed GPLPV, can't install Novell's Virtual Machine Driver Pack

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 13:19 -0400, James Pifer wrote:
> I've been struggling with this for quite some time. I have some older
> VMs that had 0.9.11 GPLPV drivers installed. I've tried removing them
> manually and I've tried the uninstall batch file.
>
> They do "appear" to be removed, but I've never been able to get Novell's
> Virtual Machine Driver Pack to install on these VMs. I always get an
> error when it tries to install the xenbus:
>
> "Setup was unable to install the Xenbus driver and has terminated the
> installation."
>
> I've even tried capturing the install with ProcessMonitor but was not
> able to determine where it's failing. I really don't want to re-install
> these VMs as I have a few of them.
>
> Any ideas on where the conflict may be? The Driver pack installs fine on
> any VM I have that has not had GPLPV first.

I opened a ticket with Novell but not sure how far I'll get. Here's the
part of the log where it fails. Maybe this helps?

INFO:   Installing devices with Id "root\xenbus" using INF
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRVSTORE\xenbus_3CE744D7DCE655B553EEF7C47F4A1E5912FC7D99\xenbus.inf".
INFO:   ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
ERROR:  RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices. (Error code 0xE0000101: The
required section was not found in the INF.)
ERROR:  Installation failed. (Error code 0xE0000101: The required section was
not found in the INF.)
ERROR:  PnP Install failed. (Error code 0xE0000101: The required section was
not found in the INF.)

Any help is appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
James