Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0.1 and megaraid_sas causes I/O to hang (xen-4 + megasas(DELL 6i RAID) = Reject I/O to offline device)

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Stephan AustermÃhle <au@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:02:35 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 03:03:54 -0700

Hello again,

Am 12.10.2010 14:43, schrieb Stephan AustermÃhle:

> Looks like I have not found a permanent solution. Any comments about the
> attached messages?

Latest news with this issue:

Updated to Debian kernel 2.6.32-24 that fixes two issues: domU's network
activity stops randomly ("netfront smartpoll bugfix") and a lost
interrupt issue ("Fix lost interrupt race in Xen event channels"):

        http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2010/8/24/4610615

By the way the kernel update reverted the megaraid_sas driver back to 4.01.

Anyway, this doesn't seem to help. Today the server freezed again. This
time without any visible error message---so I don't know if it was a
problem with the megaraid_sas driver. In contrast to the previous hangs
or freezes it's not just the I/O that went offline but the entire system.

Let me know if you have any ideas on this issue. Otherwise I will
continue my monologue just in case anybody else faces the same issue.

Regards,

Stephan