Re: çå: [Xen-users] XEN large scale cluster

Hi Dika,

The XenServer client seems can't connect to XEN server.

Xenserver client (XenCenter) connects to XenServer (closed source, but with version that are free), so yes it cannot connect to standard Xen.

However you should have a look to XCP (http://www.xen.org/products/cloudxen.html , the FOSS version of XenServer). It currently does not provide transparent migration of storage from one physical server to another, but it should mostly offer what you want. Currently you cannot use XenCenter to connect to XCP, but there are some other tools to do so. There is also a python API so it would be rather easy for you to build up a simple custom front end for your customer.

cheers,

Denis

Best wishes,

Dika Ye