RE: [Xen-users] IPV4 is nearly depleted, are you ready for IPV6?

> > I've been hearing this for about 10 years and during that 10 years
> > have never had a single issue getting ipv4 addresses. While I agree
> > that it will run out at some point and that ipv6 probably has
> > advantages over ipv4 I think there is just the appearance of a
> > shortage due to the allocation of large blocks of ips very early on
> > which are very under utilized. I don't think its really anything to
> > worry about especially with ipv6inipv4 working just fine.
> >
> > you see this story posted on various "tech" sites every year for a
long
> > time
>
> This is a fallacy.  The fact that the depletion rate has been common
knowledge
> for quite some time doesn't mean, as you would have us believe, that
there is
> no issue.
>
> IANA depletion day is in 2 months and 5 days.  The first RIR depletion
is 335
> days out.  Provider depletions will happen very quickly afterwards.
You seem
> to be under the impression that people have been crying wolf.  You're
wrong.
> The wolf is at a known distance, and travels at a known (and
increasing) rate
> of speed.  Just because you can't see the wolf doesn't mean everyone
has been
> wrong this whole time.
>
> And no, there aren't 'large blocks of IPs which are very
underutilized'.
> There are /8's that can't be broken up for practical reasons, but
we're
> burning through those in 30-40 days now, so it doesn't matter if they
were
> returned to the pool.
>
> This is a very real problem.  Please stop spreading FUD.

To bring this somewhat on topic, are there any known issues with Xen
under IPv6? Do all the scripts and other management stuff support it
correctly or is there still work to be done?

The Xen hypervisor itself doesn't have a network stack obviously, but
some of the setup and management tools use it.

James